Powered by Blogger.

Amsterdam // Day 1

by - 6:30 pm

            Hey everyone,


Some of you may know I went to Amsterdam for 3 days. It's a city I've been wanting to visit for a good few years now and when the opportunity came up a couple of months ago I took it.

I booked my flights through Skyscanner and they were fairly cheap. I'd definitely recommend using it if want to get your flights as cheap as possible.


I didn't need to book a hotel as I was staying with a friend's sister which was handy as I had more spending money.
my flight was really early in the morning which meant I had to be at the airport even earlier, 4 o'clock in the morning is not a good look for me.


 I flew over and back on my own and I'm kind of glad as I did because now I know I can do it again and with longer flights without feeling nervous or anxious. You'll be surprised to know I walked through Duty free without stopping, that wont happen next time though rest assured.


Getting into Amsterdam was easy and I was afraid I had gotten on the wrong train as many people told me it was really complicated but I followed a tribe of people out of Centraal Station and just figured I was in the right place.


My first day there was just kind of a wandering day I guess. my friends (Lauren and Morgane)  got me at the station and we went to Lauren's sisters place where I dropped my bags off and we were straight back out for pancakes! We went to Mook and they're pancakes were delish, I was so hungry I didn't even think to snap a picture before we all dived into them.




After that Lauren's sister brought us to see the fault in our stars bench which I was really excited to see. So we strolled along the canals and the weather was great. It was so cool to see the etchings in the wood and the locks attached to it and I do know that its not the original bench but I still loved it seeing it.























We then walked to Museumplein as me and Lauren were hoping to go to the Van Gogh Museum but it was sold out till the the day we were leaving. ( Note to anyone visiting Amsterdam: Book everything you want to do in advance)



We wandered around Centrum until it was time to go pick up our mate Mayra from the station and after we got her we went to a pasta bar near Primark, Morgane and I got pasta and Lauren and Mayra got pizza. The food was really nice and it was a reasonable price.




I hope you enjoyed this blog post and keep an eye open for Day 2 and 3 of the Amsterdam post's.

Until next time, 
Andi
xxx



You May Also Like

0 comments